I decided to show everyone how to make a small (and simple) mosaic cross. This is for those people that haven’t done it before and thought it was too much work or too hard to do. I hope this post enlightens you.
You will need the following:
- Small blank wooden cross
- Mosaic tiles to fit
- Wood glue
- Ice cream stick
- Old credit card
- Small bowl for grout
- Small bowl for water
- Soft cloth
- Permanent marker or Sharpie
The steps to follow:
- Arrange your tiles on your cross in the design that you would like them to be in.
- Once your tiles are in the format you want them, you can then start from the beginning and start gluing them down with the wood glue.
- You will then need to wait for the glue to dry. Don’t rush it, otherwise it won’t work and will come lose.
- Once the glue is dry, you can mix your grout using your ice cream stick. Make sure to only use a little bit of powder as it’s a small cross and a little goes a long way. Only add a little water at a time, otherwise you will end up with too much grout if you have to keep adding power. The grout should be the consistency of toothpaste.
- Once your grout is mixed, you can put it on the cross. Make sure to get it in between the tiles. It is best to use your fingers for this, although you can use the old credit card and ice cream stick to apply it from the bowl, using your fingers to get it on properly, is usually the best. Go ahead! Be a child again.
- Once that is done, you will need to wait for the grout to dry. Once again, do not rush this as you could mess the grout up if you do.
- When the grout is dry, you will then take a bowl of water and make a sponge damp and wipe the cross off. Make sure to get all the excess grouting off.
- You can then take the soft cloth and dry it and give it a bit of a buff to make it shine.
- Then you can take the permanent marker and sign your name on the back. I usually also put the date so that I can see when it was done.
- Your cross is then done and you can display it any way that you would like.
In order to make it even easier for you, I made a tutorial video for you and have added it to my channel. You can click on the link below and it will take you to the video. If you like the video, please could you give it a thumbs up and please could you subscribe to my channel. In order to be informed of when I upload a video, you can click the bell notification button.
To place your order for anything, please complete the form on my ‘Contact me’ page. I would also love to hear from you, so please leave a comment below.
Keep your crystal on and your sparkle strong